Plaza Kia of Thornhill opened our doors in 2009, selling and servicing quality Kia vehicles to our friends and neighbours in Thornhill, north Toronto and across Markham and York Region.
On December 4, 2017 we merged with Plaza Kia of Richmond Hill to become Ontario's largest Kia Red Cube dealership at 9144 Yonge Street, Richmond Hill.
We have a strong and committed staff with many years of experience satisfying our customer's needs.
We look forward to serving you.
Top Ten Reasons Why You Should Make Your Next Vehicle Purchase With Us
- Home of the Plaza Kia Deal! and it's easy to do business with us
- Family Owned and operated for over 60 years
- Exciting, new and stylish line up of vehicles
- Total Care Ownership Coverage (5 year / 100 000 km warranty coverage)
- KIA Roadside Assistance (5 year / 100 000 km)
- Scotiabank Start Right Program (for newcomers)
- Free KIA Rewards Program for new Kia owners
- Full Auto Service Facility with complimentary shuttle bus service
- Free car wash with every service
- We believe that serving our customers is the highest honor
The History of Plaza Auto Group
As a proud member of Plaza Auto Group, we have a long family tradition in the car business, with our first family owned dealership opening in 1956.
The first dealership, Plaza Autos, was opened by Morris Stein in 1956 on Bathurst Street. By 1959 the space was proving too small for the dealership and Morris took over an existing dealership at 989 Eglinton Ave West and opened Plaza’s second location.
In 1966 a new dealership was opened as the Stein’s began selling Pontiac, Buick and GMC vehicles. Morris’s son, Herbert, began running the dealership in 1968. Robert Stein, Herbert's son, is now the president of Plaza Auto group with Robert's 3 sons working in the dealership group.
As an active participant in the growth of the community, Morris built the business focused on high standards of customer service that created a family-type relationship with many long-term customers that purchased and services their vehicles for many continuous years.
This high standard of customer service continues in all Plaza Auto Group dealerships today.
From community involvement and support to the regular car care clinics he held to help his customers understand their vehicles, Morris built a reputation for reliability and fairness.
This proud tradition continues in the now 5 Plaza Auto Group dealerships and with Robert Stein’s own sons working with him.
- Plaza Auto Group founded in 1956 (Bathurst Street)
- Plaza Chevrolet opened in 1957 (989 Eglinton Ave W)
- Plaza Pontiac opened in 1966 (989 Eglinton Ave W)
- Plaza Pontiac Buick opened in 2003 (3400 Dufferin Street)
- Plaza Kia of Toronto (2008) (3400 Dufferin Street)
- Plaza Kia of Thornhill opened in 2009 (current)
- Kia of Richmond Hill opened in (2014) (current)
- Easthill VW added to Plaza Auto Group in 2016 (current)
- Subaru of Orillia added to Plaza Auto Group in 2016 (current)
- Orillia Kia added to Plaza Auto Group in 2016 (current)